Because you already have enough on your mind during an emergency move, we give you some advice to work as structured as possible.
- In the event of soot damage or water damage, call in a specialized company
- Try to keep a cool head as much as possible so that you don't overlook too many things
- Due to the short time, you cannot sort out your things too extensively. Don't think too long about your things, but continue packing quickly
- Order enough moving boxes, better too much than too little
- Create different corners in the room: a corner for things that need to go, a corner for the thrift store or other people and finally the corner with things that need to be taken to the new location. Arrange all items neatly and quickly in these corners
- Write clearly on each moving box what is in it and where the box should go. It is also advisable to make a distinction between boxes that are needed immediately and boxes that can wait a while before unpacking
- Make an inventory of any items of value that may need additional insurance before they go into the moving van
- Clearly indicate to the movers which items must be brought to which location if it is desired to drop off items at multiple locations. This can also be done simply by labeling the items with colors or numbers.
Would you like us to handle your move?
Ask your question
Frequently asked questions
What does a move cost?
What to arrange when moving house?
When to report a move?
When to deregister from the municipality after moving?
How long to keep a cat indoors after moving?
Do you offer packing and unpacking services?
How do you protect my belongings during the move?
How do I prepare for my move?
Can you move fragile items?